Discover the valuable ways MDA membership can help you navigate challenges in your career, business and life. For questions about becoming a member, dues amounts, waivers and more, contact Stacey Kloeppel, Membership Manager.
Complete the Online Membership Application. You will receive an email confirmation.
Online Membership Application
The ADA (national), MDA (state) and your component dental society (local) maintain a Tripartite membership system.
- Dues must be paid at all three levels to be a member, and dentists receive benefits at all three levels.
- Each member is assessed dues at each level, but there are a variety of categories to allow exceptions for those who graduate students, new to or retiring from the practice of dentistry or experiencing temporary financial difficulties. Dental students enjoy free membership.
- Dues statements are sent to members at the end of November, following the ADA and MDA House meetings where yearly national and state dues are determined.
2016 ADA Dues
The 2016 ADA dues are $522 for active members; there was no dues increase from 2015.
2016 MDA Dues
The 2016 MDA dues are $452 for active members; the same as 2015.
- Active Members: $452
- Recent Graduate Members: 0% of full active dues 1st full year; 25% of full active dues 2nd full year; 50% of full active dues 3rd full year; and, 75% of full active dues 4th full year
- Active Life Members: 50% of full active dues
- Retired Members: $50
- Affiliate Members: $100
- Associate Members: $40
2016 Component Dues (Active Member Rate)
- Greater St. Louis Dental Society: $365
- Greater Kansas City Dental Society: $150
- Greater Springfield Dental Society: $210
- Central Dental Society: $50
- Northeast Dental Society: $55
- Northwest Dental Society: $65
- Southeast Dental Society: $35
- Southwest Dental Society: $80
For additional questions about Membership, see the Membership FAQ