Greater Springfield Dental Foundation
The Greater Springfield Dental Foundation is a non-profit organization committed to improving the welfare of the dental community.
Why we do what we do
The Greater Springfield Dental Foundation exists primarily to fund and staff a variety of dental education and prevention efforts for the region (16 counties surrounding Springfield). Here are ways the foundation has helped in our community:
- Founding member and lead contributor for the Tooth Truck, a fully staffed mobile dental office providing dental care to children of low income families who live in the Springfield School District.
- Lead contributor for the Grin Iron Classic. High school all-star football players from across southwest Missouri compete annually at this event with all proceeds directly benefiting the “Tooth Truck.”
- Annual contributor to the Children’s Smile Center, with dental clinic locations in Ozark, Branson West and Aurora. The clinics provide dental care for children from low income families who reside in Christian, Stone, Taney, Lawrence, Barry and Dade counties.
- Provides annual scholarship to local students attending dental hygiene and assisting schools.
- Publishes the bi-monthly newsletter Greater Ozarks Dental Health Newsletter with a variety of oral health information for healthcare professionals as well as the general public.
- Organizes, provides staffing for and donates oral health supplies such as toothbrushes for the Give Kids a Smile Day.