Dental Assistant Instructor
The Springfield campus of Vatterott College has an immediate opening for a Dental Assistant Instructor. This position is responsible for development, implementation, and instructing curriculum to students to prepare them in the dental assisting field.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Teaches college-level Dental Assisting classes.
- Prepares class syllabus, outline and daily lesson plans as required. Provides course syllabus and outline to students on the first day of class. Maintains and ensures consistency between the course catalog and the daily lesson plans.
- Prepares and administers examinations, student projects, and other teaching aids needed to fulfill objectives of program. Sets up classroom, lab, equipment, projects, assignments, etc in preparation for each new phase or class start.
- Maintains accurate records of attendance, grades, progress of students, and reports the same in a timely manner to manager.
- Maintains clean, effective, and professional learning environment.
- Attends all scheduled in-service activities, meetings, and completes all scheduled/assigned activities in support of individual faculty development plan.
- Communicates budget needs to Campus Management on a timely basis.
- Tutors and conducts conferences with students.
- Maintains discipline and enforces school rules and regulations.
- Assists with library research needs, and information gathering and makes textbooks recommendations.
- Participates in committees, graduation ceremonies and other school events.
- Completes administrative duties and other projects as assigned.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
KNOWLEDGE AND BACKGROUND: Requires a certification/diploma in Dental Assisting and 3-5 years of experience in dental assisting, teaching experience a plus. An Associate Degree is preferred. The position requires personal computer skills (Microsoft Office, inclusive of Word, Excel, and Outlook). Excellent spelling and grammar skills with the ability to communicate in a courteous, tactful and concise manner, is essential.
Insurance/Treatment Plan Coordinator 4/9/13
Insurance/Treatment Plan coordinator needed for our fun, growing Springfield practice. Knowledge of Dentrix and electronic filing of insurance claims a must. Ability to communicate treatment plans and financial arrangements with patients a big plus. we offer a 4-5 day workweek, competitive salary, health insurance, 401K, and profit sharing. Please email your resume to John at email@example.com or fax to 417-882-2459.
Dental Assistant (4/2/13)